Brick Court Chambers has leading expertise in all aspects of Human Rights work, including cases involving fundamental rights and freedoms protected by the Human Rights Act, the European Convention on Human Rights and the European Charter.
Members of Chambers regularly appear for and advise individuals, companies, government departments, regulators and public interest groups in international and domestic courts and tribunals, including the European Court of Human Rights, the House of Lords and the Privy Council.
Brick Court Chambers has the unique strength of being able to employ all areas of Chambers' expertise in Human Rights cases, and is regularly involved in cases with Public, Commercial, International, European, and Competition Law aspects.
Recent cases of note have included:
- R (Bancoult) v Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (Div Ct, Court of Appeal, House of Lords, ECHR)
- R (Gentle) v Prime Minister (Admin Crt, Court of Appeal, House of Lords)
- Norris v United States of America (Div Ct, House of Lords)
- ADI v Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (Admin, House of Lords)
- R(Pro Life Alliance) v BBC (Admin Ct, Court of Appeal, House of Lords)